Upholstery Cleaning in Roanoke and the New River Valley
Upholstery cleaning helps remove contaminants like oils, dead skin cells, and dust from chairs, sofas, and office partitions. Because these items come in a wide variety of textures and fabrics, an untrained cleaner might have difficulty determining the correct cleaning method. If the wrong method is used, it can cause color bleeding, discoloration, or shrinkage.
The upholstery cleaning professionals at ServiceMater Commercial Cleaning take the guesswork out of the process by selecting the most appropriate cleaning method and using the proper equipment and cleaning products. Our upholstery cleaning services are:
- Safe for all kinds of fabrics
- Able to remove spots and stains
- Able to decrease the effects of wear and extend the life of your upholstery
- Capable of eliminating persistent odors
All your upholstery will be cleaned on-site and will be ready for use the following day. We can work with your schedule and budget to create an upholstery cleaning plan that fits your needs.
What to expect from our upholstery cleaning service
Here’s what you can expect when you schedule your upholstery cleaning service with ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning:
- Step 1: Our technician will inspect your upholstery and decide which cleaning method suits your needs the best.
- Step 2: All spots and stains will be pre-treated with the proper cleaning products to help speed up the release of soil.
- Step 3: We use our portable or truck-mounted equipment to rinse-extract the upholstery, a process which uses a pH-balancing rinse to help remove all residue left by the cleaning solution.
- Step 4: If there are any spots remaining, we attempt to remove them using other means.
Upholstery cleaning instructions
There are a few things you’ll need to do to make your upholstery cleaning experience a positive one:
- Prior to your upholstery cleaning, please remove items such as reading material or office partition décor from the upholstery.
- Drying time after an upholstery cleaning varies depending on the cleaning method used, and could be up to 6 hours. Please plan accordingly.
Upholstery care tips
Most furniture manufacturers recommend getting your upholstery cleaned professionally every 1-2 years. Here are a few tips to help you keep your upholstery looking great in between cleanings.
- Try to keep your upholstery out of direct contact with sunlight if possible. Even though the fabrics used in furniture today are very resilient, they can still fade under daily exposure to intense direct sunlight.
- Vacuum your upholstery often (or, ask us about our janitorial services if you want us to take care of this for you). This will get rid of loose dirt and dust.
- Blot your upholstery when cleaning up a spill rather than rubbing. Start at the edges of the spill and work your way toward the center to prevent it from spreading.
Upholstery Cleaning Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions our customers frequently ask us about our upholstery cleaning services:
Do I really need to get my upholstery professionally cleaned?
You only need to get your upholstery cleaned professionally if you want to remove stains, eliminate unpleasant odors, and extend the life of your furniture. In other words, yes, you need to get it professionally cleaned!
Does professional upholstery cleaning cost a lot of money?
No, not compared to the cost of replacing tarnished upholstery. Contact us for a quote based on your unique needs and budget, and we’ll come up with a plan that works for you.
Does professional upholstery cleaning take a long time?
In most cases, no. The exact amount of time it takes varies depending on the method used, but in most cases it only takes a few hours and your furniture will be ready to use the next day.
Will having my furniture cleaned professionally disrupt my business?
It depends on when you have it cleaned, but we will work with you to minimize disruptions. We can clean your upholstery after normal business hours or at a time that works best for you. Drying times vary between 1-6 hours, so please plan accordingly.
Can I use off-the-shelf cleaners to remove spots from my upholstery?
We don’t recommend this. There are many types of cleaners and many types of fabric used for upholstery, and selecting the wrong cleaner for a particular fabric may ruin your furniture.
How often should I get my furniture cleaned?
We recommend that you have your upholstered furniture cleaned once every 1-2 years.
How soon after a cleaning will I be able to use my furniture?
Usually the drying process takes no more than 6 hours at the most, and possibly as little as an hour depending on the cleaning method used.
Will the upholstery cleaning process leave an odor?
There may be a faint smell for up to an hour after the cleaning is complete, but this usually dissipates fairly quickly.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for an upholstery cleaning?
We just ask that you pick up anything that is on your upholstery, such as décor or reading material.